Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Birth Blessing

My fabulous friend and doula Jackie is having a birth blessing for me :) Since I'm not a huge fan of the whole baby shower - and not having one (yeah, most people look at me like I'm insane), a birth blessing is perfect for me. For those that don't know what a birth blessing is, it's really a time where the women friends of the mother gather around her, and offer love, blessings and support. Everyone brings a bead for the mother, and one for the baby to create a necklace for the mother to focus on during labor.
We've got it planned for the 3rd of June. If you're interested, I'd love to have your blessings included! Send a bead and your blessing to Jackie by the 3rd, and we'll read it at the event. Email Jackie at kjgreenfield@juno.com for info.

Much love and blessings to all of you! :D

PS, I know a lot of family is reading along... and we've been asked about a registry... we did register (see the sidebar), and are grateful for all gifts, although home made things are always extra special!

No comments: