Saturday, May 06, 2006

Nana's Surprise party!!!

Last Sunday we had a surprise party for my Mom's 60th birthday. My dad rented a room at a fantastic local restaraunt/hotel, McMenamins, Edgefield. My sisters and I arrived early, set things up, and waited......

She was totally surprised! tears and all.

She donned a tiara, and a wand, as all 60 year olds really want to be a princess....

Skits were performed, gifts were given (including an amazing scrapbook my oldest sister put together with pictures going back to my mom's childhood) and much food and drink consumed.

Of course, there was the requisite attack the pregnant lady hour...

Here are my three nieces Kailie, Amelia and Kelcie all trying to feel the baby move.

Then Nana had to get in on the action.

Last but not least.. I have to include these pix of Amelia's morning hair....



Later I'll post some pix of the new work in the yard......

3 comments:

PlazaJen said...

You look so much like your mom! I love seeing the similarities in family. OMG, that last picture of Amelia with morning hair? Belongs on a mug - that would beat coffee every day!

Devon said...

Ditto Plazajen - I was totally freaked out by that first pic of your mom- she could be your slightly older twin LOL -- both beautiful!

Creative Genius? said...

Oh just love McMenamins, Edgefield - it's the best!!! Glad it was a good time!