Sunday, July 30, 2006

Well, as we approach Ruby's 6th week, it's time to start getting ready for Mama to go back to work. I am officially starting to see patients again on the 14th of August when Ruby will be 8 weeks old (I can't even think about it without crying!). So..we've begun pumping breastmilk for the occasional bottle. I'm only going back for two half days and Ryan will be working from home on those days so he's got to give her bottles. He's not a seasoned baby feeder so he's learning, just as she is.

First time... not so good. she wasn't interested, and got pretty pissed off....
second try.... success! she took 1.5 oz of breastmilk, while mama cried in the kitchen.
Daddy totally enjoyed his feeding time, and had a great daddy daughter day. They went and ran a few errands while mama stayed home to 'relax' (read: couldn't sit still so I did laundry, sorted recycling, cleaned the kitchen, etc). They were gone for almost 2 hours, and I went almost completley insane. ALMOST ... but we all survived.

Ruby also had a trip to the park this week! we went to meet Adina and Brigit.. but missed them as we parked in different lots, and didn't have cell phones. However, Ruby and I had a nice time staring at trees, and swingingon the swing.
She's laying on a blanket from Auntie Bug. So fun and colorful!! one of our faves.

Hi trees!!! I love trees!!

This is what we call the "sleeping rollercoaster" look. woo hoo!!!! I love the boppy! Drunk on breastmilk, it's a wild ride!!!

5 comments:

Johanna said...

cutest baby girl EVAR!

Unknown said...

Sam (I was in your DDC on MDC...she was born 10wks early) does exactly the same thing when she naps in the Boppy. It kills me!

Ruby is GORGEOUS!

Devon said...

What a pretty sweater!

Debstmomy said...

PM me if you see us on line @ the same time.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe its already been 6 weeks!!! She is just beautiful!